Monday, February 2, 2009

Call me OCD...

The Language that Twain uses within this book is giving me a headache. I know it's supposed to be Authentic but can't somebody give me some proper English?! I find American literature such as this to be annoying in every possible way. In no way does Twain paint a picture with his words. I'm too busy wanting to burn the book to even begin to enjoy what little sense it makes. It's a matter of opinion i suppose but you'll never catch me reading anything by Twain EVER AGAIN!

7 comments:

  1. It was proper english back then... and i can agree with you and not reading mark twain again i doubt i will ever read a book again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twain uses the different writting styles to differencate the people from each other and to give them personality. If they all talked the same way the book would seem so fake and unrealistic. if all the characters had the same beliefs, vaules, and goals would this be an interesting book? i dont believe it would. this is just another way of making the characters themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its not that hard to read. A lot of people in this town talk like that so it shouldnt be that hard to understand

    ReplyDelete
  4. this language is hard to understand. maybe its cuz im not a hillbilly in think this book should be a different style of writing

    ReplyDelete
  5. well the way he talks is how they talked back then so it really not that hard to read

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't say that i could not understand the language. I was simply stating how much it annoys me. save the authentic language for the movies. i prefer reading the way i write.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i dont know i dont think its that bad. i mean i lived in arkansas for a while so i might find it eseyer for me.

    ReplyDelete