Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Purpose?

What is the point in lying about who you are and who you are not? Maybe the duke and the king are just fed up with their lives and want to make them more exciting so they decide to lie. Or are they possibly making up different identities to cover up who they have been in the past?

3 comments:

  1. they pretend to be someone well known and priveledged so that they themselves will be treated with the same respect and dignity. It is a lie to get better treatment. That's why it's a big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, i think they are trying to reinvent themselves so they are viewed and treated the way they want to be. That's not always the right thing to do, but it is understandable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with meow. I think the two want respect and want to be treated well. But if they say who they really are no one will give them that respect. I think this can be true in society today people try to be someone they aren't just so they are accepted.

    ReplyDelete