Monday, February 2, 2009

What's the Plan?

Jim's reasoning for floating down the river is pretty substantial. I mean, floating your way to freedom is pretty understandable; I would do it. However, I don't completley understand why Huck is. I know it is to get farther away from his abusive drunken father, but then what? He literally "gave" all of his money away so what is he going to do? He is a twelve-year-old boy with no money floating down a river. There isn't much he can do. Although, I can also just see him moving from place to place like he is doing now.

5 comments:

  1. I think Huck is going along with Jim because Huck is trying to find his purpose in life. When he was living with his dad, he was not allowed to go out into the world and learn. But by being free and away from civilization, he now is able to learn how to survive. He enjoys not being told what to do by adults, he likes to roam around and do his own thing. Jim adds fun and excitement to his life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea it doesnt really make sence why huck went..i mean he doesnt have anywhere to go once they get to town and jim is free..but i guess just to get away from his dad..which makes sence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it dosnt make sence that Huck went. But then again it dose because he is getting farther away from pap.Pluse he already knows that he can servive on his own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think it does make since that Huck left. he was stuck in an abusive relationship with his father and had no way out but to run away. the widow couldnt save him from his father with out the courts help. yes the court was trying to help her but her chances of savingin Huck were very small. and even if she were able to save him Huck would have hated the life that he would have lived with her just as much as he hated living with Pa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good point,but everything just stated is exactly the type of boy Huck is. A live for the moment type of kid. Huck has a carefree spirit thats who is.

    ReplyDelete