Thursday, January 22, 2009

Can't get into it

Okay, so am I the only one that just can't seem to get into this book? I try to read it, and my mind travels to other places. Not only is the language hard to understand, but it's not even that adventurous of a book. I feel like reading this book is a waste of my time. I was expecting a lot more out of this book. Mark Twain, you've definately let me down with this one...

12 comments:

  1. i agree with you, people might read my posts and see different, but i find the book hilarious and kind of dull, all at the same time.. it's a wierd thought and emotion. funny though. don't feel alone!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I feel the same way. For some reason this book just isn't really interesting to me. I can't seem to get into it either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I feel like just going and falling asleep everytime I start reading this book. I cant get into it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think what makes the book so boring an uninteresting is that it isn't headed in a particular direction. It hops around from place to place and leaves you confused about what is going on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree I am so lost. I dont understand anything that is going on in this book. I am confused and stresed out. Pluse I am way behind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No you are not the only one that cant get into this book. I have read this book three times and I still can't get into it! The way it is written confuses me the most! I just can't believe that was how someone talked!!!! Can you? It must have been hard for Mark Twain to write!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am the same way. I can't really get into it either. I am kind of confused about whats going on. I understand bits and pieces of it but I get lost really easily.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i get into it easily. just use your iomagination

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this book is alright I just dont like how they talk. That just drives me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to admit it is confusing to read,but it has a very good purpose to it.For instants how would you know if the people were educated or not.I believe Mark Twain did this to help understand what these people went though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This book is pretty hard to understand. You just have to take the time to read it so that you will get the meaning. When it gets to the parts where the slaves were talking he made it that way so to make it like it was real life. Slaves did not know how to read or write so he wanted to portray it that way. I think what he did was genius.

    ReplyDelete