Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Turn Jim in or no?

I really hope that Huck does not turn Jim in and get him caught. I understand that Huck was brought up in a society where blacks were slaves and could be owned but I hope that Huck decides to think for himself on this issue and go with what he believes in and not what everyone else does. Hopefully Huck can consider Jim as a good enough friend not to do that and maybe then Jim will be able to buy his family back and live the life he has always wanted.

4 comments:

  1. You know, I don't think that Huck would do such a thing. I believe that they will be good friends after their little trip is over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Huck has a sense of what is right and wrong and has his own opinions and view points. He better not change that now and ruin the friendship. Besides, the idea of Jim having to "buy" his family back just sounds wrong anyway. You'd think Huck would think of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure hope Huck doesn't turn Jim in! That would be really dissappointing, considering that they worked together to get where they are. Hopefully Jim can have a happy family at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be stupid for Huck to turn in Jim. Because Huck doesn't need any type of reward because he is set for money. And he has a good friend with Jim and is valuable to Huck in his adventures.

    ReplyDelete