Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Lost in the Fog

So when Huck and Jim got lost in the fog from each other it made me sad ): Although I couldn't quite grasp why they didnt just constantly yell at each other till they were reunited i guess the 'whooping' was their version of yelling in panic. I felt really bad for them, being separated like they were, it must have been scary even for tough little huck. Alone in the dark on the river would be scary for anyone. Even After all of this my sympathy for Huck went away after he started to make Jim believe he drempt it all up I was really dissapointed in him actually. Lucky for Huck he didn't lose my respect because he redeamed himself by apologizing to Jim which shows how mature Huck as gotten in this short time. We come to find more and more that Jim is a person to Huck and that his happiness matters to Huck even if Jim is just a slave. The growing relationship between them is a key part I think Twain wanted to stress in this particular part of the book.

1 comment:

  1. i think that they didn't yell beacuse then someone could hear them and know that there were people in the river. then would get caught.

    ReplyDelete