Jim and Huck have very different views. Jim believes in superstition and is very cautious. Where as Huck is very out going and lives in the moment. This helps the two to work together. It helped them to live on the island safely and to escape before they could get caught. Huck and Jim have a great team work that not many people in this situation would have.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yes Jim is superstitious but so is Huck. For example in the book he says ”One morning I happened to turn over the saltcellar at breakfast. I reached for some of it as quick as I could to throw over my left shoulder and keep off the bad luck, but Miss Watson was in ahead of me, and crossed me off." Yes Jim is superstitious and I believe he is more superstitious than Huck.
ReplyDeleteI agree! Huck and Jim are somewhat opposites but thats what gets them through anything. Jim may be getting to an idea but then Huck finishes it and it becomes a master plan. I think thats how they have come so far, working together! Jim keeps Huck in tack, and Huck keeps Jim going thats what makes them such a great teem. For example, when they are about to approach the boat Jim goes aroudn to the side when they cant be seen and Huck is very sneaky and gets aboard.
ReplyDelete