I have noticed that in nearly every adventure that Huck and Jim are involved in there is a steamboat coordinated somehow. From just sneaking on to catch a ride across the river, to sinking ships, somehow there is one involved every time. Either everybody in Missouri owned one back in the day, or Twain was just incredibly fascinated with them. It just gets sort of old after a while.

Well he did work on them, so I'm thinking it was probably a mixture of his obsession and a lot of people having them.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteya lots of people transported goods and rode them for transportation, and twain worked on them forever and loved them.... but there really are not that many steam boats thats only 2 for the story so far... and there has been a lot of adventurs so ya.
ReplyDeleteHe was a steamboat driver dude i think.. I think it said that video we watched.
ReplyDeleteTwain worked on a steamboat for most of his life. He loved them and probably still loved them while writing this novel. I for one find steamboats very fascinating.
ReplyDeleteBack then thay didn't have cars, so steamboats were the only thing they had to transport things and poeple up river. So im definantly going to guess that were a lot of them.
ReplyDeleteI hadn't noticed, but you're right, there are a lot of steamboats. I like them myself, they're very interesting. Don't forget the fact that all of the story is based around the river, so naturally it can't be without a fare number of steamboats.
ReplyDelete