Tuesday, January 20, 2009
a curious relationship between unlikely souls, pt. 2
It seems unlikely that any of this happened by accident, as if Jim and Huck were destined to meet each other. Their friendship is brilliant and each soul completes the other. In many ways, Jim is a father figure for Huck, and in many other ways, Hucks maturity finally shines through. Though age is a factor, they each have alot to learn from each other. I can only hope that it continues to grow into a more fantastic friendship. Both Jim and Huck are independent, but they are willing to accept help from one another.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with you on most points, however, I don't view Jim as a father figure to Huck. Jim looks up to Huck as his leader, calling him "boss" even. And Huck respects Jim, but never, I think, does he truly look up to him. Although, Jim is considerably better than Huck’s father. I guess that contributes a little to your statement. Still, I think "partners" is the best word to describe their relationship.
ReplyDelete