Monday, January 19, 2009

FEAR IS NOT REAL


I dont know why huck just hasnt got rid of his dad i would have by now if he was such a big umm.. ya a huge alcholic

8 comments:

  1. What exactly do you mean when you say get rid of his dad? Do you mean kill him? Because he ran away... He's not about to go back just to get rid of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well maybe he does not want to "get rid" of his dad because he is his dad! Would you want to kill your dad? Everyone has their problems. Maybe overtime his dad will realize that he is an alcoholic and get help? You never know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Problably because he is sailing down a river right now... Kind of hard to get rid of your father when you're miles away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, your not very clear on the get rid of part. And since he's already away from him, then wouldn't it be redundent to 'get rid of' him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well maybe he is wanting to just go back to the way things were before his dad had shown up, and just live peacefully doing whatever he pleases. Plus, he feels it is immoral to do stuff like kill people anyways, i mean look what he did with the robbers..

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think the problem is, huck still feels a father-son bond could still exsist. maybe not know because he's "dead" but earlier, i think thats why nothing happened. Or huck never did anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I'm not sure if this post was posted before huck left, considering the reader might not have read that far. If he meant when he was with his dad, then it could be explained. Still, Huck has a sense of humilty and what's right and wrong. And plus, he's been recently told that bad things will send him to "Hell".
    I mean, I'd be scared into doing right things if a place like what "Hell" is normally described as. Though, I'm an athiest, I understand why Huck would want to do the right thing constantly. This gets in his way later when he's deciding between telling on Jim or continuing to travel with the runaway. It's moral conflict to the highest extent, and it made me question what Huck was actually going to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. um..duh..because he would go to jail for killing a man. this way he can jus get away and live on his own. much smarter.

    ReplyDelete