Well first off, I think it's nice that the Grangerfords took in Huck like that.They were all pretty nice to him and it's a shame that they all had to die for a stupid feud between families when they don't even know what started it. In the all feuds I've read about, it's exactly the same. No one ever knows what the fighting started with. Most of the time it was about some stupid thing like one family thought the other stole their cow or something. The hatred of the families goes from generation to generation. After a few generations, it doesn't matter to them anymore what started it. They just want to finish off the other family. It's sad that the boys died so young, but they liked to feel they were important and that they too could be just as tough as the older ones and kill the other family. It's sad that the feud has to end like that instead of the families just letting go of the past and getting along.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree they were quit friendly, and it was a sad fate, but I think that they deserved it for carrying it on for as long as they did.
ReplyDelete