Thursday, January 22, 2009

Death Hath No Meaning.

The family feud made me kind of mad. I thought that Huck would help out the family and get them to stop fighting, but everyone ended up dying...
Im not sure i enjoyed how it was written either, it was very fast and emotionless.

5 comments:

  1. They all ended up dying?? I obviously need to read more I didn't get to that part. I wasn't really expecting that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I was kind of hoping Huck would stay with the family. Or at least stay with them longer than he did. It did happen very fast and it just seemed a bit pointless. I didn't really enjoy that part..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meow, I agree, wholeheartedly. How could it just end like that? Twain took so much time explaining their family structure, and establishing character development...all for nothing. The story reaches in climax- much too quickly, and then just...ends. And they all die. Awesome?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Margo, I have no idea why Twain spent so much time with those characters then eliminated them all in like...three paragraphs. But, I don't think it was necessarily Hucks place to try and solve the conflict. Would you jump into the middle of a blood spattered family feud?
    I think the reason it was written in such a passive way with a lack of emotion was because that's how the families felt about it. They felt no care for the other side, I think in a way the writing style was accurate because in the lives of those feuding families, it was just another day of fighting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed how it was written. Quite frankly I don't give a hoot about those families. Its not his place to be in that feud and it was just a long tangent that helped keep the book fresh from the same ole stuff of the raft. I didn't care that he ended it so quickly. I did care however, that he didn't describe any of the action. God forbid Twain makes his so-called novel an interesting book to read.

    ReplyDelete