
The language, so, South-y! It makes me feel as if i lived there all my life. My mind can match their voices to cartoon characters i have seen and heard on tv, radio and movies. Jim's voice, i can barely understand.. But hey! I still get it, i can piece it together, but still. Mark Twain is very clever for writing like this. He captured the voices of the people, i think, perfectly. I also think Mark is very good at instilling a mental image of characters. I can piece together Jim, just from what Mark has written. Tall, slender with tattered clothes. Pants that go to the top of his ankle, barefoot and a ripped but still put together shirt. I drew up a mental image of what i thought of him. You can't see his face. But i think its him.
I feel like I have no clue what this book is saying sometimes. I have lived in branson my whole life but i dont talk like that.
ReplyDeleteI like it, but i don't like it. Does that make sense? It makes the book harder to read, yet it gives the characters more character. That was redundant. I just wish sometimes that Mark Twain wouldn't have put that much of the southern accent in his writing.
ReplyDelete