Thursday, January 22, 2009

Extreme Detail

Although I do agree that this book is rather boring, there has to be description about the characters, setting, and lifestyle of the people in the book. Personally, I think Mark Twain does a good job of very effectively giving details to help us understand what he is talking about. If this were another book with perhaps a more interesting theme, the extreme detail he puts into the book would make it just that much better. So although I do agree that the book is boring, I would not say it is due to the amount of detail he puts into his descriptions, but rather the plot as as whole.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you. The book is very discriptive, which really helps me get a mental picture of what's going on. I think the book would be better if it just had more action, more attention grabbing scenes. It just needs...more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think because the book is SO detailed, it makes it more boring because he has to describe every little freaking thing and really, I don't give a crap what the tree looks like, or the pictures on the wall of the house. Give me something to read.

    ReplyDelete