Thursday, January 15, 2009
...girl?
Sarah Mary Williams is the undercover name Huck preffered when he was trying to convince an old lady he was a girl. Actually, he first told the lady her name was Sarah, and then he told her that it was Mary because he forgot the name he had first told her. She finally figured him out because he did things only a boy would do. When this happened, he said his name was George since the old lady heard of the famous "Huck" disappearing. I find this part of the story very humorous because I can just picture a small dirty boy in a semi dirty dress and bonnet, talking to an old fragile lady. I hope her and her husband can help him out soon, and still like him even when they figure out he is really Huck...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree about Huck looking funny in a dress and a bonut. Hehe!! I can just imagine. I hope that Judith and her husband can help Huck and Jim too.
ReplyDeleteI think Huck would make a very interesting looking "girl". Ha.. He is a ragged dirty boy and seeing him in a dress and bonnet would just look spectacular!!!
ReplyDeleteHa, this is probably my favorite part of the story so far. It is clear that Huck is very nervous when talking to that old lady. I mean, she seemed to be suspicious from the start. When he kinda forgot he said his name was Mary then says it was Sarah totally gave it away.
ReplyDelete