Thursday, January 22, 2009
Meet the Grangerfords
I thought it was pretty humorous when Huck ran into the Grangerford family. They obvioulsy thought he was a Sheperdson, which is a rival family of theirs, much like Shakespeare's Montagues and Capulets. At first they seemed like they could be pretty mean, but i guess first impressions aren't everything. It was real sweet of them to take in some random 12 year old boy that just showed up on their property out of nowhere. I also thought it was kinda weird that Huck didn't understand the riddle that he was told by Buck. I mean shouldn't he understand stuff like that since he is a little "prankster"? What I also wondered about is that Huck is already getting too comfortable with this family who owns a large estate with 100+ slaves..what will happen to Jim?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment