
The ultimate test of independence, running off on your own, with a canoe of supplies and a gun. Down a river with nowhere to go, and nobody to take care of you. Truly independent. Evading people on a river boat, staying hidden until Jim comes along. Smart kid if you ask me. I can say personally that no adult would expect that from a kid that hardly goes to school and smokes. Let alone Huck talks to himself. Huck is a great little kid, great to the extent of independence. I mean really, who would have thought, i hate to say it but, a little hillbilly kid would have thought of this! It really boggles my mind! Being the supper geius i am, not, I would never have even began to think of something this elaborate to just run away. I would have just ran away!
i agree.
ReplyDeleteI know that if i were in his position, i would never have the guts or nerve or brains to pull a move like that.
It took a very smart character to do this.
the thing that made me realize how smart huck was when he killed the pig to make it look like someone killed him... that was what tickled my pickle the most. i also like how he took all the supplies he needed like guitarmann5000 said in his post...
ReplyDelete