Thursday, January 15, 2009

My bad...


Wow! My whole perspective has been changed on this book. This whole time I have been thinking that Huckleberry Finn was a black boy. When I was looking for pictures for my blog i kept on seeing all these pictures of white people and I did not know why I could not find a black boy in a picture. Then by the help of my lovely peers I realized how dumb I was for thinking he was black. If he was black he would be a slave.. ooohhh. That is why i was very confused on why he was living with his dad and why he was living with the widow. I was always very confused. But now that i know that Huck and Tom are both white and Jim is the one who is black, I am looking at the book differently. Thanks guys for informing me! ha. :)

1 comment:

  1. well i would just like to say that i never thought that huck was black.
    I think that that thought never crossed my mind because of the way huck talks and the phrasing that he uses.
    But that is just me.
    I can personally connect with the way that huck talks sometimes because i am from texas and i know alot of my family that talks like that, so i can understand it even though its a little odd.

    ReplyDelete